4.16.2010

Oh, how I feel like a lump

So, I've heard 3rd babies are hard on your body - boy is that an understatement. No one told me I wouldn't be able to button my pants when I woke up today. Ouch.

On the positive side, I no longer feel the need to sleep 24/7 - more like 23/7, but hey, it's a start! So, pretty much I'm fat, I'm lazy, but I have started cooking again. (I don't think pizza is all that much of a treat around here now.)  David made his first real pregnant food run: iced honeybun. Yummy. Worth 500 calories?  Probably not.




I had my first real appointment the other day, and the baby has a heart rate of 160. By old wives' tales, that would be a girl. Again. Honestly, I don't care whether it is a boy or a girl, I was just thrilled to hear a heart beat. Although, if I end up with a boy, will someone please remind me not to put a bow in his hair?

5 comments:

The Lady of the House said...

I love reading your take on this pregnancy! Good luck.

I was like that with Owen - I couldn't button my pants and looked like I swallowed a basketball. So maybe it is a boy.

This one is being much nicer.

I totally ignore the heartbeat theory now. Owen's ran 160 consistently. Ella's was near 170 and this one is consistently in 150's.

Ashley said...

Yum! I'm going with worth it-now I want donuts!

Anonymous said...

Not too worried about you putting bows in his hair, more like the girls doing that and dressing him up in tutu's. (If it is a boy!) I am hoping so but we will take what we can get. Just remember how yall treated your baby brother.
Love Mom

Amy said...

I appreciate your PO very much the picture with the article. Continues to refuel!!

Anonymous said...

If it's a boy - Timothy will have a lot of advice for him.

Papa