8.21.2007

Our last week of summer


Well, all went well with the IUI last week, now we just have to play the waiting game and see what happens. I'm pretty sure that is the hardest part of all of this - waiting.


This weekend we had a lot of fun. We watched one of David's co-worker's children and her name is also Sydney. So, the two Sydney's played and had a great time. During the afternoon we took them to the first-annual (yeah, I know, it can't be annual until the second, but I'll ignore that journalistic rule) Boys and Girls Kids Day. There were tons of booths and games for the kids and they got t-shirts and canvas bags to bring their goodies home in - and yes, we filled the bags with everything from granola bars to markers to balls and toys. I guess that is the beauty of living in vendor-ville. Everyone is trying to do better than the next person. I'm not complaining - we came home with tons of cool stuff, including a tiny little ice chest. Then, we took the girls to Chuck E. Cheese Saturday night and they played hard and wore themselves out. Our Sydney loved having a friend to play with and was so much easier to deal with - she'd do whatever the other Sydney was doing, which was usually following the rules.
Of course they both got horribly spoiled at Chuck E. Cheese and ended up with a ton of tokens and tons of junk toys. Ah, to be a kid. Oh, and to report on my super-cool achievement, I am the Skee Ball Queen. Yes, that is my score - I got the bonus 100 tickets including the embarassing lights and music and everyone starting at me. But, it was good to earn bragging rights. :)
avid also did his share of video-gaming with Ben while Chay and I were the "responsible adults". Here is my favorite photo from the night.


This is our last week before Sydney and I start back to school. It's been a nice break and I've enjoyed the time with Sydney, but I think we're both ready for a schedule again. I'll be across the hall from her which will be nice so I can peek in on her occasionally. I think it is great seeing how your little one acts when you're not around! She loves Adventureland and every time we pass the building she asks where her friends are.


David starts teaching again tomorrow night and has classes through spring break. I think he is excited and ready to have a project going. I'm excited to have a guilt-free (almost) night of scrapbooking.
Well, I can't think of anything else new happening, so I guess that is it for now. I must plan my meals for the week so I can make my weekly homage to Wal-Mart.

No comments: