1.22.2008

Happy Birthday Bear!

Well, after an entire week of exhaustive partying, Sydney is three!


Party #1 - On her actual birthday.
On her birthday she asked at the last second to go to Chuck E. Cheese. Well, really she invited her Daddy to go with her since Mommy said she could (except that Mommy said to talk to her Dad.) But, we're suckers and she is spoiled so we went. The new Chuck E. Cheese is a lot bigger and better than the one in Fayetteville. My only complaint is that they only have one dancing robot thing. When I was a kid that was what made Showbiz the coolest place ever. But, Sydney seemed content, especially since the REAL Chuck E. Cheese came and sang happy birthday to her.


Party #2 - Friend Party.
We had her friend party on Friday night which of course had to be a Cinderella Tea Party. I made skirts for all of the girls and we painted their nails, made princess wands, and of course topped it all off with tiaras. Minus one melt down (because someone handed out one of the hats and she wanted to) things went well. I'm sure I'll be scrubbing apple juice off of the floor until her fourth birthday party, but that is to be expected when you let three-year-olds be in charge of pouring their own "tea." Of course there HAD to be a Cinderella cake. Oh, and did I mention that she also requested a purple on the inside cake. (and of course she got it.) When she first saw it Sydney said, "Mommy, it is the most beautiful cake I've EVER seen." So, she was excited and couldn't keep her fingers out of it. When I told her to quit touching it with her fingers she found a toothpick and was using that to scrape icing. Such a literal child. :)





Party #3 - Family Party.
Due to poor planning on my part, Sydney's party at the Jones Center didn't happen because I planned it in the middle of David's class. So, we had to opt for two parties at our house. (Sydney didn't mind.) Her reaction when she couldn't blow out her candles (and no, I didn't so that on purpose.)



Her cake


Thanks to everyone who took the time to come! Sydney loved having you all here.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ashley her Cinderella cake turned out amazing! Great job! You are so creative and talented. I'm glad she had such a great birthday. I'm sure you are glad the week is over! Can you even believe our little ones are THREE? Kiss her chubby cheeks for us. We miss you!