11.02.2007

Sugar Overload










Well, Halloween is over and Sydney is less than happy about it. She woke up Thursday and asked if she could be a ballerina for school today. I told her that Halloween was over so she'd have to wear her regular clothes and she looked and me and said, "No Mommmy, Halloween is not over."
She had a blast. She started "halloweening" on Friday with our Ward Halloween party. She won the award for the most adorable costume -she was super proud of herself. She also won a cake and of course picked one of the ones I had taken. So, we ended up with five cakes at our house. She also got a ton of candy at the trunk-or-treat that night.



Saturday night we had a few of our friends over for a smaller-than-normal Halloween party. I've been so tired that I didn't think I'd have the energy to pull off a kids party, so we just had adults. We had the traditional cheeseburger soup and then I made green finger breadsticks. Appetizing, huh? And of course, no Halloween party would be complete without a spider web seven layer dip.

Tuesday and Wednesday Sydney had parties at school. We made spider and pumpkin popcorn balls for her to take. On Wednesday she wore her princess dress to school and showed out for everyone. Speaking of school, most of you know that Sydney is infatuated with dark skin. Well, one of her teachers is Indian. The other day she told her that she was beautiful, just like chocolate. I still can't look that teacher in the eye.

Wednesday afternoon Sydney went to Daddy's office for trick-or-treating as Tinkerbell. After that she had a Halloween party at ballet.




We dashed home, had some dinner (I'm pretty sure Sydney just had sugar) and then we had a few friends over for trick-or-treating. When we had them knock on one door where no one was home Sydney broke down and cried. She just couldn't understand why they wouldn't open the door for her. Everyone had a blast, but Sydney had just as much fun handing out candy to the others after she was done. She wouldn't give them candy unless they said "Trick-or-Treat!" My little boss, hard at work.

We have a lot more pictures, but blogger takes forever to load them. You can check them out at:

1 comment:

Spencer T said...

she's so cute. I think of her a lot when i look at Adelaide. I think they both have the same little round face. Hope y'all are doing well.